We are profoundly concerned at this site with the Tridentine Catholic epoch (from the Council of Trent to Vatican II)—precisely because we are concerned with modernity and modernity is the era, after the Middle Ages, that the West started to fall ever more into materialism.
In this era, the Catholic Church actively charted a different course from the trajectory of the Protestant and secular currents leading to ever greater materialistic decadence.
In this, it was informed by great Saints such as St. Ignatius of Loyola, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, St. Catherine Labouré, St. Pius X, St. Pio—as well as by the great Apparitions of the Sacred Heart in Paray-le-Monial and Our Lady in places like the Rue du Bac (Paris), La Salette, Lourdes and Knock.
As we, Kim and Roger Buck, tell at this site. our spirituality has been deeply formed in these sacred sites in France and Ireland and we trust the deep insight of the pre-Vatican II Tridentine era must be restored to awareness.
Hence, in this Archive of Tridentine Catholicism we hope to present writings mainly from the past and out-of-copyright which can illumine this often mocked and misunderstood era. There is an initial selection below
The Story of Mélanie Calvat and Our Lady of La Salette – in 4 Parts (So Far):
- Mélanie Calvat and Our Lady of La Salette – Part I: The Apparition
- Part II: Maximin Giraud meets the Curé d’Ars
- Part III – The Secrets of La Salette
- Part IV – The Fate of Maximin Giraud
The Story of St. Bernadette and Lourdes – in 10 Parts:
- Part I: The First Apparitions
- Part II: The Spring of Miracles is Discovered
- Part III: “Tell the Priests that a Chapel Must be Built …”
- Part IV: “I Wish People to Come Here in Procession.”
- Part V: The Miracles of Cures and Healing Begin …
- Part VI: She Said in a Voice that Trembled a Little: “I am the Immaculate Conception.”
- Part VII: The Miracle of the Lighted Candle
- Part VIII: The Last Apparition
- Part IX: After the Apparitions
- Part X: The Later Years
The Story of Our Lady of Pontmain- in 10 Parts:
- Pontmain and Our Lady of Hope Part I – The Blessed Virgin Appears in the Night Sky
- Part II – The Blessed Virgin Brings a Message to Catholic France
- Part III – A Crucifix the Colour of Arterial Blood /
The Story of Pellevoisin and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart – in 5 Parts:
- Pellevoisin and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart—Pt. I: The First Apparitions
- Pellevoisin and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart—Pt. 2: “I am All Merciful”
- Pellevoisin and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart—Pt. 3: The Scapular of the Heart of Jesus
- Pellevoisin and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart—Pt. 4: The Final Apparitions
- Pellevoisin and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart—Pt. 5: After the Apparitions …
Buying Books at Amazon Through These Links Gives Us a Commission. This Supports Our Apostolate. Thank You if You Can Help Us Like This!